Tuesday, May 8, 2012

3 days

I have been out of commission since Sunday when I suddenly and randomly threw my back out. When it was not better by Monday morning, I went to my doctor....I am not one to sit around and not get help. She  gave me some meds and said if I wasn't better in 3 days, I should call them. 3 DAYS!!!

Does she know how long 3 days is??? That is an exorbitantly long time for me!!! I asked her if I could 'push through' the pain as I can tolerate it and her response was 'if it hurts, don't do it.' So by that standard I cannot walk or stand. UGH!!!!

While I am feeling somewhat better today, feeling more stiff than in pain, I am going to heed the warning of 'if it hurts, don't do it,' as I cannot afford to get worse.

So 3 days of laundry I was already behind on piles up, husband is losing hours at work since he took the day off to drive me to the doctor and is currently being dad taxi for our son, we have no real food in our house because I was going to grocery shop on Monday, AND I'm bored. I JUST finished school, so I have no reading to catch up on, no test to study for...I could fun read or watch TV, but apparently the luster of sitting and doing these things fizzles after day 1. And my Kindle battery is dead and I can't bend to plug it in :(

Unfortunately, I am no stranger to debilitating injury. A reconstructive foot surgery a few summers ago laid me up for months. Not to mention the previous fractures that put me in cast and crutches and lead to the surgery. But once I overcame all of that, I looked forward to good health and fitness. Nursing school derailed that notion, and I was just now getting back into my groove. And I am a horrible patient. A wretched, nasty, mean patient who is not pleased with anything anyone does under the guise of 'help.' I want to do everything myself. A weakness and a strength, in my opinion ;)

The theme of my day today feels lazy and BLEH! and I just want to get better. I wish I could have an outlook of short vs long term, but the right now feels like forever. Here's to getting better and staying that way...in 3 days or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment