Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PPFFTT!

Well, it is no secret that I am not a man. I have given birth. I do not grow facial hair, my voice did not drop during puberty, and I DO NOT understand what is so funny about bathroom words and sounds. Perhaps it is the student nurse in me, but talking about diarrhea (I know how to spell that correctly thanks to nursing school!) is just not a topic of conversation I choose for fun. I have seriously detailed conversations about it with clients 'at work.' Nor do I make fart noises and laugh hysterically if someone or something does.

However, my son and husband think this is all hysterical. I never noticed my husband getting a kick out of it until our 6 year-old son did. So in his defense, he is likely reverting back to childhood humor. But now our evening conversations are consumed with 'did you just fart?!' *fart sound with mouth*  or 'quick! i'm going to have diarrhea!' *more fart sounds with mouth* Heaven forbid someone sits on a wooden or leather chair that creaks the wrong way.

I actually get aggravated by how humorous they find it....I don't know if I am truly annoyed, or just jealous that something so simple and natural can provide so much entertainment?! If only PMS were this hilarious...at least I would have my very own private joke to laugh about every 28 days or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment