Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Hangover

The presents are opened, the food has been served and this mama is BEAT!!! I use the term 'hangover' loosely, because while I did partake in beverages of the alcoholic variety, the excitement of the season and over-indulgence of sweet and rich foods also lead to somewhat of a hangover.

After waking up to a child with a crusty, red eye and taking him to a local urgent care for drops this morning, I came home and just dropped. My husband had cleaned up a good portion of the leftover mess from family dinner the afternoon before and was tired himself, but even he took a good look at me and suggested I go take a nap. I was the kind of tired that would ONLY be resolved by sleep. 

While I enjoy the bustle of the season, I also enjoy the relief I feel when it's all over. Child has a load of new toys, I got some bling, hubby got a couple of new gadgets and now we spend a few days of quiet before we usher in the new year and start it all over again. And I welcome the opportunity to do so!


No comments:

Post a Comment