Friday, December 30, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

As we move into a new year full of hope and promise, you will not hear me utter the phrase 'auld lang syne.' Loosely translated, this term means 'for the sake of old times.' I am all about forward movement and not looking back. While I treasure certain memories, I am not someone who looks back upon the past and dwells. I also do not block out sadness, but rather accept it as a part of forward motion. I always look forward to the future. To me, the future is like a clean slate or a freshly new-fallen snow. We cannot ever predict exactly how it will go, but the possibilities are endless.

In this upcoming 2012, I look forward to completing nursing school, watching my son grow and seeing my husband's career continue to flourish with promise. Other than that, I have no idea what the year holds. And that is fine with me.....some will be good, some will not, and some will be wonderful....they can happen in any order and in any proportion, but I am ready.

In fact, instead of my yearly resolution to lose weight and get healthy...yada, yada, yada....I have been working on a Bucket List. This list will serve as a list of goals to attain as well as a checklist of all of the wonders the year will hold for me. Some will be fulfilled and others will remain unchecked for the future. What's on your Bucket List for 2012?

Here's to a year filled with experiences to springboard into the future in the hopes of forward motion....no dwelling, only the promise of tomorrow....I hope it's a great one for us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment