Monday, February 20, 2012

Conquer

For some reason, today I am feeling especially thankful to be someone who does not give up, give in, or take no for an answer. Part of it comes from the fact that I am SO OVER being in nursing school. Every morning I wake up lately, I feel like 'WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS FOR MYSELF???' But then I make myself think of my alternatives....sitting home day after day being bored, or working at a job I didn't enjoy....I would be miserable with no way out....at least being in school, I can look forward to the day (less than 3 months from now!!!) when I can say I accomplished what felt impossible. 

Some day this will all be worthwhile, and I will say 'remember when...' rather than 'I wonder if I could have...' I am so thankful to know that not only did I try, but I succeeded. Every day I stumble a little and even feel like giving up...but I haven't yet. I have learned so much about myself these past 2 years. I can handle more than I thought I could, I learn well under pressure, I love working with people, and if you believe in the impossible, you can make it happen....

In closing, as I prepare to return the mountain of work in front of me...an 8+ hour day behind me and two 9 hour ones ahead....I am going to conquer this. And I am going to conquer it with pride. I am going to hold my head high and roll with the punches...I may not do it all without a whining cry for help, but I WILL do it!

And for all those little people in my way, trying to bring me down....to you, I say good luck...because if I go down, it won't be without a fight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment