Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sharing

After a post on facebook the other day outlining the details of a horrific tantrum my kid threw that spanned 3 locations and at least an hour of time; I have had several people say to me in person that they enjoy my posts and that I am real.

I pride myself in my reality, and sharing is an outlet for me. Perhaps my healthiest outlet. While some (or many) may disagree and say I overshare, or are irritated by my stories, I feel that they are shared in such a way that nobody is forced to read. If you don't want to hear it, block or unfriend me.....NO OFFENSE TAKEN!!

One thing I have learned through my facebook sharing and blogging, is that many people walk in my shoes. Not in the same ways necessarily, but we all carry our own burdens. Whether they be through stress related to finances, work, school, child-rearing, dealing with friends and family....we all have our own row to hoe and it is sometimes therapeutic to realize we all have burdens.

I never pretend to be any worse off or even close to sharing the same burdens those around me carry. Most of my struggles are relatively light and airy. But they still weigh me down in a way that sometimes keep me up at night. I am interested and intrigued by the lives of those around me, and hope they feel they can share with me as well.

I am all about keeping it real. I cannot stand those who hide behind a false facade....and I hate to tell you, I can generally sniff those people out from miles away...I am not a hopeful psych-nurse-to-be for nothing. I love to read people and see if I am right. I am famous for being the one who wasn't sold on a person and those around me think I am being cynical. Then one day that person pulls a stunt seemingly out of left field and I am left grinning, holding back the 'I told you so!' I am also proven wrong sometimes, and one of my favorite things is when I do not give somebody the benefit of the doubt and they totally prove me wrong. I have had situations like that where that person has become one of my dearest friends (due to my open nature, you totally know who you are if you are reading this.)

Please do not read this and avoid me thinking I am reading you. I am not. I am talking about first impressions....and often times, I will tell a person what my impression was of them if they threw me a curveball. I have had friends ask me if I am going to blog about them (you know who you are too.) If I am blogging about you, you will know it. I don't beat around the bush. This blog is not about you, lol! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment