Sunday, January 22, 2012

Aspen

So we decided to take a vacation. We weren't going to....truly, we were not. Planning a pretty major excursion 6 weeks out is not typically my style. In fact, I am pretty sure I developed a twitch during the reservation process this morning.

We took our first spring break trip last year when me and the child's spring break schedules just so happened to line up. Hubby was already out in Cali for a conference the week before, so we just flew out and met him. This year, we considered and then re-thought the whole idea. Ultimately, I had decided it was a bad idea considering it is my last semester of nursing school and may have some loose ends to tie up. Then the past 2 weeks happened...

Spouse away more days/nights than home, child acting up, me left to my own devices to deal with it all and a broken toe and death in the family to spice things up just a bit more. I decided we needed a vacation. Somewhere not here. Somewhere with time together away from the bustle of the every day.

We searched the Carribbean, Orlando....everywhere was pretty much booked, so I started looking into ski venues. The east coast is not having a good winter, so out west I looked....and fell in love with the idea of our family vacationing in Aspen...'someplace warm, where the beer flows like wine...' While we will certainly not be as stylish and posh as the Cruise and Beckam families are while getting some r&r in this idyllic Colorado town, we will create memories to last a lifetime. And we will have no decision bigger than 'pool or hot tub?' after our day on the slopes....

6 weeks and counting....bring it on stress...we're headed to Aspen!

No comments:

Post a Comment