Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow day

Feeling more like myself today...partially in thanks to the SNOW!! There is nothing like waking up to a wonderland of snow blanketing our world. I also happen to be fortunate enough to have a view from my back windows that never ends, of beautiful farmland that is especially gorgeous when covered in the white stuff.

Then there is the kid. He got up to pee at around 0700, after which my bedroom door slammed open as he bounded in shouting "MOMMY! IT SNOWED! IT REALLY SNOWED!" Most of my mornings begin by some sort of exclamation on his part, but this one rivaled the squeals of joy on Christmas morning. I convinced him that it would be a good idea to hang out inside until we had some breakfast, and sweetened the pot by offering to make pancakes. Currently, he is occupied by daddy (who is FINALLY home and hopefully will remain on a normal work pattern at least for the next few days) working on his LEGO Millenium Falcon.

Now that I am full of whole-wheat blueberry pancakes and had my coffee, I am ready to face the snow-chilled goodness that awaits us outside. This helps me to be thankful that we are together as a family and are physically well and able to go out to shovel and play.

Today I am thankful for the therapeutic effect of: the snow day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment