Friday, January 20, 2012

Ruby shoes

Over the past 2 weeks, my life has been a whirlwind of nursing, schoolwork, violin lessons, car line, preparing meals, washing dishes, laundry, making sure homework is complete...and getting up the next day to do it all over again. I am not sure if it is holiday letdown, lack of vitamin D, or just plain aggravation, but I am in a FUNK. 

I can't explain it any other way. I am just on a short fuse, tired, feeling like I can't please anyone...wah, wah, wah....But then I look at people around me. A single mom of 4 fighting cancer, a young man fighting MS, a family with a critically ill child in the hospital who may not pull through, a single mom of 3 who's child has been in and out of the hospital for months, a beloved head of his family taken from us unexpectedly...I am still tired and frustrated, but I can see it in perspective. My child is healthy and in a wonderful school. I will graduate and be free of the demands of nursing school in a few short months. My husband is ridiculously busy because his company's business is booming....What do I really have to complain about? 

I am still tired. I am irritated that I have to do 'everything' myself. But at least I have the ability to do so. If scheduling the delivery of my new carpet and furniture are my biggest pet peeve, so be it. I hate to be the girl who's ruby shoes are too tight. That isn't me. I reach out and help people. I do what I can, albeit small, to brighten someone's day. 

With this in mind, tomorrow I shall strive to smile more, jot a note to someone who is going through a truly hard time, donate money to a cause that will put it to good use, pick my head up and do what I need to get done. 

I will get out of my 'FUNK' by realizing that I have nothing to funk about. I will still grumble about doing the laundry and the fact that I am spending my second friday night in a row sans spouse watching the goodnight show on sprout and hoping the child drifts off to sleep....it's all a part of life. The life I chose for myself, not one bestowed upon me by some force I was defenseless to. I shall be thankful that I have the ability to complete what I need to do even if it is less than convenient. Deep breath....moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment