Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chaos

I like to describe my life as living in 'organized chaos.' It is chaotic and cluttered, but each day I manage to get everyone where they need to be (and on time,) make sure everybody has at least 2 healthy home-prepared meals, and fulfill the obligations I have committed myself and my son too...my husband can fulfill his own ;)

I have been questioned by people close to me 'maybe you have too much going on?' Too much? How much is too much? My husband and I work as a team (as much as his job can afford him the time,) he works full-time, I am in school full-time, and our son attends first grade and takes private violin lessons. I do not see what can be cut from there. If I weren't in school full-time, I'd be working full-time. This is what we have chosen. No, I do not have to work to fulfill our financial obligations, but it sure is nice to have that option in our back pocket. Why not be prepared? And I love to learn, volunteer, work with others....that is who I am.

We also have a child who is very much full of life and is constantly on the go exploring his world. Yes, he is loud, into EVERYTHING and making a mess, but am I supposed to put the kabosh on that?? Should I put on a constant stream of Netflix and let him stew?

We have 2 dogs and a hamster. The hamster is upstairs and doesn't need anything except a daily feeding and a clean cage once every few weeks. The dogs are under foot and like to bark and play, but we enjoy them. They make us laugh, bring joy and help teach our son how to care for and nurture something.

So, while I agree that we have a lot going on, I do not agree that it is 'too much.' We live our lives. That's what they're for, right?! I do not want to ever look back upon my life and say 'I should've gone for it.' If there is something I am unable to do for a reason, that is one thing, but if I could and I just didn't?? That would be regret. And I avoid the possibility of regret at all costs.....even if it means living in 'chaos.' I will take my chaos and embrace it...after all, you never know what tomorrow brings, so GO FOR IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment