Monday, January 23, 2012

Sick day

Today is the kind of day I needed. It is a day I am able to keep my kid with the screaming red throat home from school, I will not miss out on anything, AND the hubby will come home mid-day so that I can go do what I do need to accomplish. Wow! I forgot these days exist. Stuff happens. And I am typically fairly flexible and can deal with it. But when it interferes with my school, aka soon-to-be career, I panic.

Although I wish my kid did NOT have a throat on fire, I am glad that the stars aligned leaving me with a free morning and a husband within an hour radius of home. It gives me hope. Hope that we ARE normal, hope that we ARE ok, hope that we CAN and WILL get through this rough patch I call nursing school.

I have some work to do on-line, studying galore and 2 dogs who are enjoying every last second of weekday cuddle time. The kid is just lounging in jammies watching Sprout. This is what sick days are made of. And I am so lucky to be able to afford my kid a normal one, one without panic and fighting over which parent needs to miss out on their job.

I am not sure what will happen tomorrow, if he is not better. I am sure the you-know-what will hit the fan, but for now I will enjoy, drink my coffee in my house from a real mug and bask in the ability to take care of my kid the way he deserves :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment